"If you are an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic team player with an innovative and analytical mindset; interested in creating social impact by sourcing, analysing, monitoring and supporting direct investments in new health and wellbeing related services and solutions and looking for a dynamic, open, team oriented environment with plenty of room for personal development, this is you chance.”
Our client is part of a larger Belgian group of companies with +/- 4.000 employees and 1.5 mio customers, who develops and delivers personal services and solutions in health, wellbeing and personal comfort, with a strategic focus on “Autonomy”, “Healthier Living” and “Prevention in the work context”. Thanks to its performance and innovative power, it ensures its sustainability while creating social value-added.
One of the driving forces of the group is to increase its social impact by identifying market opportunities for new health related services and solutions for individuals, by investing in promising seed and early-stage projects through its Social Investment Fund, managed by our client on behalf of its parent shareholder.
In order to reinforce its team and increase its acceleration power, our client is looking to recruit an Investment Associate.
The Investment Associate (m/f) will assist the Investment Manager with sourcing, analysis, development, support and follow-up on existing and new investment opportunities. He/she will assist in the preparation of investment proposals to the Investment Committee and the Board of the Directors of the fund.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Investment Projects:
- Support internal Business Developers on identified investment opportunities to build business case and to help them throughout the investment process;
- Support the leadership team in developing new investment opportunities and idea’s (pro-active market & industry research, mapping competitive landscape, business case development, …);
- Participate actively in search for deal flow;
- Support the management of investment files from initial contacts with entrepreneurs to presentation of case to the investment committee ;
- Modelling and supporting the structuring of investments ;
- Support transaction negotiations and management of deal closing process in close collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts;
- Support the Due Diligence process;
- Support and facilitate ongoing success of existing investment projects eg. professionalize management reporting, support next financing rounds, …;
- Providing assistance in business and financial planning and carrying out ad hoc analyses to support decision-making;
- Prepare and execute potential exits.
- Help build and grow a network of (potential) investment partners in Health & Wellbeing.
- Follow-up of investment portfolio through periodic investee company-level and portfolio reporting;
- Support company representative(s) in the Board of Directors of participations
- Offer overall ad-hoc assistance to CEO and Board of Directors.
Required Experience and Qualifications
For this role, our client is looking for someone with the right personality and profile as documented below, representative of the required/desired knowledge, skills and experience:
- Master degree in a relevant discipline, possibly complemented by an MBA or Master in Finance with CFA certification as a plus;
- Minimum 3-6 years relevant working experience; preferably in investments, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, controlling or auditing and including analysis of business models and business plans;
- Experience in a transactional role, with responsibilities in pre-deal and post-deal phase as a plus ;
- Exposure to, or strong interest in the broader Health sector is a plus: biomedical technology, digital health, healthcare, big data, patient care, health insurance, …;
- Excellent analytical and strong financial modelling skills;
- Strong and proven project management and organisational skills;
- Effective communication and reporting skills with the ability to multi-task and work at times under pressure and to strict deadlines;
- Professional working capabilities in Dutch, French and English;
Our client is looking for an outstanding individual with preferably following personal characteristics:
- Strong entrepreneurial attitude with lots of energy and commercially minded;
- Creative and pro-active self-starter, able to work autonomously and cope with freedom and a changing environment;
- Strong determination, result orientation and with great resilience;
- Good self-knowledge and awareness; knowing when to look for support;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and able to engage and establish credibility and trust with the many stakeholders involved;
- Strong team orientation and ability to adapt and perform effectively in the complex and fragmented environment of the health world;
- Hands on and pragmatic; with a “can do” and “make things happen” attitude;
- Able to switch between the strategic and the “nuts & bolts” operational aspects of the role;
- Strong affinity with our client’s business context and social and societal engagement;
- In summary: a doer being able to deliver results with limited resources and working in fast iterations.
In short: Our client is looking for an enthusiastic team-player with a diligent hands-on attitude and a general broad interest in entrepreneurship and growing Health-Tech companies; who does not necessarily tick the classical equity/investment 'boxes'; who is looking for a versatile position with the possibility to participate in shaping the future of our health system; who thrives in a fast-growing socially responsible organisation with a dynamic, open and team-oriented culture and plenty of room for self-development.
The role offers
Our client offers the opportunity to work on social impactful and relevant topics, in an empowered team and dynamic work environment, where you will find the challenge, support and encouragement to enrich and enhance your career.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application preferably with a cover letter to our consultant Pierre Melis, stating: the reasons for your interest and relevant experience summary for this role; your salary expectations or your current salary and your earliest possible starting date. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Please feel free to forward this brief to an acquaintance should this not be of interest to you.