Our client is an industry-leading building materials company and is represented worldwide with sales and production companies. The company's success is based on very high product quality, reliable service and the constant search for innovative industry solutions. We are looking for a Director Mortars Europe m/f/d to coordinate and further develop the defined goals and strategies in the field of "mortars" in Europe.
The aim is to consolidate and improve the company's position in the European region.
- Sector: Building materials
- Location: Germany, Remote
Your Main Tasks
- Overall responsibility for the mortar business in Europe (R&D, marketing, production, sales, BD)
- Lead the national country managers and develop and build a strong team
- Identify new opportunities for growth and drive the business strategy
- Work together with the local management to verify results and examine any off-target performance
- Cooperate in defining strategic and operative plans in cooperation with local functions
- Coordinate expansion and restructuring projects
- Identify critical success factors in the local territory and steer organizational processes towards fully achieving them.
- Manage and motivate human resources, engendering a team spirit and ensuring sufficient skill development to enable personnel to meet organizational targets
- Acting as ambassador for the company (taking leadership roles in the building materials industry, working with governments and associations).
- University degree, if possible with focus on building materials technology
- At least 10 years of professional experience, if possible with international experience
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Extensive commercial experience, if possible from the mortar business
- Commercial orientation with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset
- Team player with an international mindset
- English fluent, other foreign languages preferred, e.g. German, Spanish or French
The Role Offers
- Leadership role with a great deal of creative freedom
- In accordance with the importance of this key position, an appropriate remuneration
- Career opportunities in an international group
We are looking forward to receiving your online application preferably with a cover letter to our consultant Mr. Wolfgang Reim, stating your salary expectations or your current salary and your earliest possible starting date. Please have the most important documents ready as PDF files. We will contact you as soon as possible.