- Sector: Management Consulting
- Location: Brussels or Amsterdam Office, with project work mainly in the BeNeLux and with the possibility to work in other countries if interested.
The world is moving at a rapid pace and evolving continuously. Every day new opportunities emerge that can help companies to do business differently and better. The speed of progression, meaning the speed at which a business manages to convert the most relevant improvement opportunities into tangible results, becomes the differentiator between top and average, between survivor and casualty.
Accelerating Progression therefore becomes a key imperative for every business, and every unit within a business.
With 500 consultants and operating from 35 offices worldwide, our client is currently supporting more than 1000 “¨Progression programs” every year. Their “Progression” moto, “Improving your results today, securing your results for tomorrow”, means balancing tangible performance improvement in the short term (Boost) with the investment in the processes, assets, capabilities, leadership and culture needed to ensure target results are also realized in the medium/long term (Build) and therefore making progression sustainable. It is not only about generating results quickly, it is also about moving the client in the direction where it will be able to generate results tomorrow.
Their approach is pragmatic, respectful, personalized, people-oriented and committed to results. The success of their unique approach is reflected by their 90% client retention and is characterized by:
- fully blending technical methodologies (like Lean, TPM, service design, …) and digital innovation (IoT, Industry 4.0, AI, Data Analytics, Robotics, …) with human change expertise, developing a virtuous cycle of hard and soft realizations;
- jointly progressing at micro level (individual teams in the field) and at macrolevel (units, companies, value chains and eco-systems), rather than tolerating friction, misunderstanding or conflict between them;
- a focus on strategic execution and making things happen;
- their “tandem approach”: working “with” their clients and not “for” them. This partnership mode, taking the time to listen and understand the real dynamics of the organization (empathy) and always putting the client’s people in the driver’s seat (empowering and leveraging their knowledge and competencies) is central in their way of working.
They cultivate long-term work relationship with their clients and their progression approach is always customer-tailored: they have and use methods, as an inspirational source, but never apply them as “cookbooks” or “templates”.
They have an established and first-rate reputation with large, high-profile local and global players in various sectors, such as Food & Beverage, Forest & Packaging, Pharma & Biotech, Cosmetics, Retail, Chemical, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Financial Services, FMCG, Utilities, Hospitals & Healthcare …and others.
To support and accelerate its further growth and ambition and to leverage local market and cultural awareness and expertise, their Benelux Offices are now looking to recruit Business Progression and Transformation Consultants (Senior or Manager level).
As Business Progression & Transformation Consultant, you will advise and support (local and/or international) clients to secure the success of their “Boost & Build” initiatives by:
- supporting client leadership in shaping the overall vision for the organization;
- providing experience based specialist/expert advice;
- managing “in tandem with the client” the delivery of exciting and challenging assignments or workstreams including all aspects of project, client and people management with minimal supervision;
- shaping and delivering qualitative deliverables by understanding the client’s expectations;
- assisting with ”operationalizing” and gaining commitment for the “Progression” program;
- challenging the business teams on ongoing initiatives and proactively identifying likely issues that could impact the pursued results;
- assisting client team members (sub-project leads, line management, etc.) with specific project implementations tracks through project support, knowledge transferring and coaching;
- implementing performance management systems and a culture to sustain the gains and drive continuous improvement;
- developing and/or maintaining strong client relationships and being recognized by them as a trusted advisor”;
- assisting in growing the business through the origination of new opportunities and proposal development;
- contributing to Practice development through the growing of intellectual capital and the support and development of other consultants;
- enhancing the reputation or our client through the quality of own work, knowledge and experience.
Ideally the candidate should have:
- a minimum of 3 years of business/operations experience in relevant and progressively more responsible positions in either a management consultancy or in a combination of consulting and project based client work;
- direct experience with successful transformation and/or performance - and quality improvement projects at multiple levels in an organization, utilizing change and project management methods;
- proven experience in workshop facilitation and (Steering) presentations;
- experience in business process management and in deploying metrics and critical performance measures (eg: SLA’s, KPI’s);
- change management expertise is an advantage; recognizing its importance and willingness to develop these skills are a must;
- familiarity with new digital technologies such as: data & analytics, cross company data integration, IoT, AI, simulation, cloud computing, advanced robotics is a plus;
- a Master degree in a Business or Engineering related field preferably along with an MBA.
Our client is looking for an outstanding, experienced individual with:
- a passion for excellence and achieving high value for clients;
- strong analytical skills and financial acumen;
- an open, flexible, entrepreneurial and visionary mind, able to think laterally and creatively in developing simple and bold solutions to complex problems;
- solid business judgment, able to: (i) understand the impact of decisions on the organization as a whole; (ii) to balance strategic and tactical issues and (iii), to balance the content (hard) and people (soft) aspects of change initiatives;
- high integrity, a strong determination, high pro-activity, action-driven, lots of energy and able to work independently;
- a proven ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels (from the executive suite to the production floor) in small groups as well as with larger audiences, to give persuasive advice and build strong business relationships;
- effective interpersonal and coaching skills and proven ability to adapt and “getting things done” in matrix organizations and in culturally different client environments;
- a strong team and people orientation (empathy) and a demonstrated leadership capability, able to inspire and coach cross-functional/divisional teams to success;
- excellent organizational and planning skills and able to work at times under high pressure and strict deadlines;
- a highly commercial approach and ability to become a successful originator;
- a strong commitment to further develop his knowledge and skills in line with objectives and;
- open for suggestions, honest about mistakes and proactively seeking feedback.
Good active knowledge of Dutch and English with additionally French for the Belgian office.
The Role Offers
This is an exciting opportunity for ambitious and entrepreneurial candidates, looking to accelerate their career and join a growing international leader in its field, with a clear strategy. You will:
- work with blue chip companies on challenging projects in a wide range of areas and environments;
- enjoy a fair amount of independence and be able to make real impact;
- be valued for your qualities;
- have access to strong methodologies and numerous training opportunities;
- be able to develop your technical, human and strategy skills.
Our client’s culture is open and co-creative, direct, feedback driven, high performing and no-nonsense. Its working environment is pleasant with a flat hierarchy, transparent processes and short decision lines. It has a strong team spirit and flexible working models.
The role will offer ample opportunities for personal development and growth and for someone with the right entrepreneurial spirit, initiative and drive, the possibility to be in charge
of his/her own career and to help shape the future and growth of the practice and participate in its success.
Career growth, which could go steeply, will be solely based on performance and demonstrated potential.
Remuneration: Attractive and comprehensive package including car and extra-legal benefits and with fixed and variable components.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application preferably with a cover letter to our consultant Anouk Melis, stating: the reasons for your interest and relevant experience summary for this role, your salary expectations or your current salary and your earliest possible starting date. We will contact you as soon as possible.