- Sector: Management Consulting
- Location: Brussels or Amsterdam office, with project work mainly in the BeNeLux and with the possibility to work in other countries, for those who are interested
In the current VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) world, companies require continuous "Progression". The quality and speed of their "Progression" makes the difference between thriving and faltering.
With 500 consultants, operating from 35 offices, working in over 75 countries and currently supporting more than 900 “¨Progression” programmes our client ensures the perfect execution and sustainability of the progression strategy across their client’s ecosystems. Their “Progression” moto “Improving your results today, securing your results for tomorrow” means achieving business results faster while developing the capabilities, leadership and culture to continue to improve faster than the competition in the future.
The success of their unique approach with their clients is reflected by their 90% client retention and is characterized by:
- a combination of continuous improvement, transformation and disruption approaches to yield the most effective and durable Progression Results;
- fully blending technical methodologies (like Lean, TPM, service design, …) with human change expertise, developing a virtuous cycle of hard and soft realizations;
- jointly progressing at micro level (individual teams in the field) and at macrolevel (units, companies, value chains and eco-systems), rather than tolerating friction, misunderstanding or conflict between them;
- enriching both the classic strategic intervention (orientation and prioritization) and the specific intervention (tangible specific results) with a systemic dimension, by changing the DNA of their clients in a structural way; i.e connecting the organisation and building the winning routines in terms of capabilities, leadership, engagement and behaviours
- Their “tandem approach”: working “with” their clients and not “for” them. This “partnership mode” taking the time to listen and understand the real dynamics of the organization (empathy) and always putting the client’s people in the driver’s seat (empowering) is central in their way of working
Our client being selected by ALM Intelligence as the only truly global operational excellence pur player, denoting denoting their capacity to get results for clients, while having the ability to deploy that capacity across multiple client scenarios, is clearly a leader in the field Operational Excellence.
To support and accelerate its further growth and ambition and to leverage local market and cultural awareness and expertise, their BeNeLux Offices are now looking to recruit Operational Excellence Consultants (Senior or Manager) (m/f/d).
As part of the Brussels or Amsterdam office, you will be supporting the delivery of OpEx Programmes & Improvement Projects having as a primary objective to make continuous and breakthrough improvements possible by enabling client managers and their teams to achieve specific goals and short term results while preparing also the results of the future.
This will involve analysing customer requirements, to help client organisations to solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve business performance. You will also be identifying options for improvement and suggesting recommendations for change, as well as advising on the implementation of solutions.
Internally you will be assisting in the Practice development through growing the business through the origination of new opportunities and proposal development; growing of intellectual capital and the support and development of other consultants
Ideally the candidate should have:
- a minimum of 4-5 years of experience of which at least 2-3 years in the implementation of operational excellence in a manufacturing environment, as internal or external consultant. work.
- contributed or implemented successfully operational excellence in either a large production and/or maintenance environment in production companies with large facilities such as automotive, aerospace, chemical, food, metal production, metal working, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- routinely applied and used himself standard technical methods of operational excellence such as 5S, Kaizen, Kanban, Cause-effect diagram, FMEA, SMED, OEE incl. losses etc.
- the ability to train and coach members of the team (client and internal) to apply these methodologies
- familiarity with new industrial digital technologies that are collectively known as Industry 4.0 such as: big data & analytics; IoT (industrial internet); artificial intelligence; simulation; cloud computing; advanced robotics (cobots); cross company data integration…
- experience in the full project life cycle from concept through to implementation
- a proven ability in the initiation and successful project/program- and change management of important improvement/digital transformation initiatives. Preferably PMI or Prince 2 certified.
- proven track record in selling add-on project work to existing clients
- a Masters degree in a Business or Engineering related field preferably along with an MBA
- working experience in an international setting
Our client is looking for an outstanding individual with:
- a passion for excellence and achieving high value for customers
- an ability and interest to blend technical methodologies and solutions with human change expertise
- strategic mindset, solid business judgement (able to balance strategic and tactical issues)
- strong analytical skills and enjoying understanding a problem and solving it in a systematic manner
- a strong entrepreneurial and conceptual mind, able to think laterally and creatively in developing hypotheses and simple solutions to complex problems
- a proven ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels within all stakeholders; to give persuasive advice and to build strong business relationships
- strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to adapt and manage in culturally different client environments
- excellent organisational and planning skills and able to work at times under high pressure and to strict deadlines
- a strong team orientation and demonstrated leadership capability, for example by leading and coaching teams to success or by developing thought capital
- high integrity and pro-activity, strong determination, results focus and lots of energy and resilience
- a highly commercial approach and ability to become a successful originator
- open to suggestions, honest about mistakes and proactively seeking feedback
- a strong commitment to further develop his knowledge and skills in line with objectives
- high flexibility and willing to travel and apply his knowledge and experience internationally
Good active knowledge of Dutch and English and additionally of French for the Belgian office
The Role Offers
This is an exciting time and opportunity for ambitious and entrepreneurial candidates, looking to accelerate their careers, to join a growing international leader in its field with a clear strategy.
- work with most renowned global companies on challenging projects in a wide range of areas and environments;
- enjoy a fair amount of independence and be able to make a real impact;
- be valued for your qualities
- have access to strong methodologies and numerous training opportunities
- be able to develop your technical, human and strategy skill
Our client’s culture is open and co-operative, direct, feedback driven, high performance and no-nonsense. Its working environment is pleasant with a flat hierarchy, transparent processes and short decision lines; a strong team spirit and flexible working models
In short, the role will offer ample opportunities for personal development and growth and for someone with the right entrepreneurial spirit, initiative and drive, the possibility to take charge of his/her own destiny and to help shape the future and growth of the practice and to participate in its success. Career growth, which could go steeply, will be solely based on performance and demonstrated potential.
Remuneration: Attractive and comprehensive remuneration package with fixed and variable components.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application preferably with a cover letter to our consultant Pierre Melis, stating: : the reasons for your interest and relevant experience summary for this role; your salary expectations or your current salary and your earliest possible starting date. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Please feel free to forward this brief to an acquaintance should this not be of interest to you.