Executive Creative Director – Advertising Agency (“Agency”)
To lead & inspire the creative team/s to produce challenging, innovative, disruptive & conceptual
work promoting the Agency as Centre of Human Centric Retail Excellence.
Purpose of the Role
To lead the origination, craft & production of relevant and original concepts in response to
marketing & communication needs across this retail led portfolio. This role works in strong unison
with the Strategic- & Relationship lead functions. A vital requirement is the ability to build strong
partnership with clients on National- & Regional Levels.
- Comprehensive understanding of integrated consumer journeys in the development of concepts from conventional campaign work, to in-store, to digital & social.
- In-depth understanding, working collaboratively with Strategy, on the ever-evolving consumer landscape in SA.
- Resonant & relevant proposition development.
- To lead the creation of original and great concepts/campaigns inclusive of Reviews.
- To present, directly or via team members, work internally and externally in a clear and professional manner.
- To manage creative output of the department to ensure consistency and quality of work delivered.
- Lead and support the awards strategy for the Agency and SA Agency Group/Collective.
- To encourage teams to be proactive and to think beyond the job.
- To develop & nurture the client relationship to support the delivery of the creative work.
- Be the Creative Leader around the Leadership table.
- Work closely with relevant account- & creative teams, ensuring effective communication and management of expectations in a way that consistently supports the delivery of the brand/project.
- Actively encourage, facilitate & display collaboration within the team and other departments within the agency.
- Support and collaborate with the Agency Collective and its relevant Creative & Industry initiatives.
- Via operations, manage & direct the scheduling of work through the agency efficiently.
- Prioritization of workload to ensure teams demands are met and managed but works for team.
- To grow the creative department to anticipate & reflect the changing needs of the Agency/Group.
- Lead the accurate recording of work time for yourself and the team.
- To communicate business goals to the team and identify and articulate the creative contribution to these goals to the management team.
- Be involved in the setting of objectives for the department and the managing of budget.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Be the Creative leader.
- Disseminate learning through your creative teams and coach team members.
- To develop skills and knowledge within yourself and your team through on-the-job development, active participation in the agency and department (e.g., Disruption X, training, and other company meetings)
- Shoulder responsibility & accountability for the teams’ performance.
- Decisively address non-performance.
- Create clear development plans for yourself and your team in support of the business plan.
Reporting and relationships
- At least 15 years industry experience with Retail / Integrated experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Reports to the Agency CEO.
- Based in Durban.