General Manager: Business Development and Stakeholder Management
Johannesburg Area (Melrose Arch), South Africa
An opportunity for a General Manager Business Development and Stakeholder Management (“GM: BDSM”) has become available within a prominent Medical Fund (“Scheme”) to support and report into the Head of Operations (HOO).
The successful incumbent will be based at Head Office in Melrose Arch, Sandton, Johannesburg.
GM: Business Development and Stakeholder Management (GM: BDSM) to oversee and manage the Medical Fund’s ongoing business development and stakeholder management relations. The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for driving the Medical Fund growth and expansion strategy. Identify, develop, and implement innovative product offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience:
- Support the HOO in business growth in respect of organic growth and / or acquisitions (mergers).
- Management of the fund strategic objectives to identify new business opportunities and new product development, as well as membership retention and growth.
- Explore opportunities for amalgamations.
- Implement the necessary actions and plans to ensure that the objective of the strategic goals is achieved.
- Develop and submit the operating budget to the HOO for formal approval and / or appropriate amendments.
- Execute core business in such a manner that appropriate stakeholder relations enhance the corporate profile.
- Manage internal and external relations, these include the interface with service providers, members, and applicable institutions, as well as other functions to ensure business needs are met.
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement forums and represent the Medical Fund in a professional manner.
- Oversee efficient contract SLA management with service providers.
- Identify and manage risks associated with business development.
- Ensure Governance and Compliance management as part of the business development function.
- Degree or Post-Graduate Degree (Honors) NQF Level 7/8 (Management; Business, or Commercial)
- Relevant Certification/s with affiliation with relevant institutions.
- Relevant extensive experience and working knowledge of business development and stakeholder management in the healthcare funder space
- Sound knowledge of the medical schemes/healthcare industry/financial services and insurance industry. Skills & Attributes:
- Sound understanding and exposure within the healthcare/financial/insurance services industry; dealing with people at all levels and to engage in a variety of relationships.
– Extensive experience in general management within the healthcare /financial/insurance services industry.
In-depth understanding of business and financial processes, methodology and practices; sound knowledge of Act 131 of 1998 of Medical Schemes; contract negotiations/management and project management; King IV.
A dynamic incumbent who is a strategic commercial thinker and leader, innovator, assertive; results orientated, agile, dependable; adaptable; flexible, able to work independently and work with teams, manage good stakeholder relationships with integrity for the Fund.
Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Salary Range (excluding incentive bonus):
R 1 300 000 to R 1 600 000